Location: Cortland, New York
Practice in the beautiful finger lakes region of New York, half an hour south of Syracuse.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Guthrie Clinic is seeking candidates for a BC/BE General Surgeon to join their department in Cortland, NY.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter - Surgical Services, Guthrie Medical Group. email@example.com or call at 607.426.6009 (cell/text welcome).
Highlights of the Position
- Perform basic to advanced procedures and typical "bread and butter" general surgery procedures.
- Endoscopy preferred but not a requirement along with contemporary Laparoscopic Skills
- Tight knit community, ability to become the "community general surgeon"
- Minimally demanding call schedule with dedicated staff on hand, no trauma.
- Support from other specialties readily available such as GI, Oncology, Radiology, and Hospitalist program.
- This position will include regionalization to Ithaca, NY at least one day per week.
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
Work Life Balance
- Limited call schedule
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Hospital
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, a162-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility, joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019. For over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care.
- Acute and Inpatient care
- Cancer care
- Emergency care
- Infusion services
- Labor and delivery care
- Laboratory services
- Imaging and Radiology
- Mental Health service
- Outpatient Therapy services
- Respiratory services
- Surgical services
About the Area
Cortland, NY, is a city of 17,556 and home to a quaint downtown with a collection of attractions, restaurants, accommodations, and recreational activities. Cortland County is the Eastern Gateway to the Finger Lakes Region and is located midway between Syracuse to the north and Binghamton to the south. This area is home to two centers of higher learning, SUNY Cortland and Tompkins Cortland Community College.
Learn more: https://www.experiencecortland.com/about