Location: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0007173
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
We are seeking a Cardiologist Physician to join our clinical practice in Grand Rapids and Hibbing, Minnesota. You would deliver care and work with our partners, Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital and Fairview Range Health Services, in bringing expertise in general clinical cardiology, including imaging laboratory skills to these communities in breathtaking "Lake Country".
The M Health Fairview Cardiovascular Service Line has established a regional and national reputation as a source of novel cardiovascular medicine and looks to expand this mission to Grand Itasca Hospital and the surrounding area. The candidate will work within the heart care team providing a full range of cardiology services for patients. The close relationship with the University of Minnesota brings the benefit of research-based, academic medicine, close to home for those living in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
- Join a team of 60+ physicians with 1 cardiologist and 2 nurse practitioners
- Enjoy a strong primary care referral base with on-site diagnostics
- Provide additional coverage in our nearby community of Hibbing, MN who received the "AHA Gold Award" for Heart Failure
- As a Pioneer Accountable Care Organization (ACO), our physicians use a multidisciplinary team approach in managing clinical care.
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- H1B Visa accepted
- Required areas of expertise include general clinical cardiology and advanced training and expertise in cardiovascular disease patient care management. Proven knowledge and success in clinical skills. Candidates should have experience in supporting medicine post-graduate fellowship training. Candidates should be recognized for provision of clinical excellence.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME cardiology fellowship-training program.
- Board eligible/certified with the ABMS or AOA
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- The ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States is required.
About the Division:
For more than six decades we have been known for our leadership and innovation in the treatment of cardiovascular disease. While our clinical faculty provide outstanding, innovative, and compassionate care, our clinical and basic science research programs provide the backbone of innovative, clinical-care solutions we embed into our care models.
The Cardiovascular Division at the University of Minnesota is recognized for having ten centers of excellence with multiple accredited centers nationally recognized as high-performing in a full range of Coronary and Structural Heart Interventions, ECMO, Cardiovascular Resuscitation, Critical Care Cardiology, Preventive Cardiology, Pulmonary Hypertension, Electrophysiology, Complex Arrhythmia Ablation, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation, and an Adult
Congenital and Cardiovascular Disease Program.
We're proud to offer our employees a robust benefits package. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
- Relocation assistance and reimbursement
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
Grand Rapids, Minnesota is one of the "100 Best Small Towns in America". This community is three-hours north of Minneapolis/St. Paul and is embedded among a land of 1,000 grand lakes and lush forests; providing a quality of life that just can't be found anywhere else.
Surrounded by the beauty of the North Woods, Hibbing, Minnesota--the largest city on the Iron Range of Minnesota--is an informative, cultural and economic center for the northeast region of the state. Three major highways provide easy access to the east and west range cities, Duluth, the Twin Cities and Canada. Abundant residential and commercial property is affordable in Hibbing, a community that boasts a strong educational system and workforce. Hibbing also is known for unlimited four-season recreational activities, including access to more than a million acres of pristine yet rugged wilderness.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.